Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Can we say....out of shape!

Sunday Rusty and I took our Sunday school class on a little hike that we used to take as a young couple. You know the times when nothing else mattered except spending time with each other. No other worries in the world except if your breath smelled good or if you had something in your teeth or if the jeans you were wearing made your butt look good. Those fun not a worry in the world days. We had not made the hike since we've been married and decided it would be fun to take others along this time since the leaves are so pretty this time of year. The weather was perfect. We could not have asked for a better day. So, we all take off up the hill on our short hike. A few minutes later I realized I was really huffing and puffing. I also noticed the other girls were too, but maybe too proud to say it. So being the none shy person I am, I said,"Russ, you gotta slow down. I can't breathe". So we took a break and this is what we looked like.



We finally made it to the top and it was all worth it. This was our view. It was amazing once again to see God's beauty and creation. God is so good to us and we take it for granted every day. Sometimes it takes Him taking our breath away to bring us back to reality.








No comments: