Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's Christmas Time!!!!

I love Christmas!!!  Two more days and it will be here. Listen to this.....I am at work today. Yes, Thursday before Christmas I am at work...ALL DAY!!!!! How horrible is that? I know, I know, at least I have a job right? Anyway, I am going to make the best of it. I am getting so excited about Christmas. Jameson is going to have so much fun this year. He tells everyone that Santa is going to bring him toys. He doesn't want anything in particular....just toys. He says the funniest thing right now. My child loves Wal-Mart. Everytime we go to town he says, "I NEED go to Wal-Mark". Yes my child puts a "K" on the end of Wal-Mart. His mommy will be correcting him as soon as he understands. It's almost as bad as when people make it plural and call it "Wal-Marts". Anyway, he will throw a fit to go to Wal-Mark and when you ask him what he needs, he says, "I just want to look at the toys".  He says it so funny. I guess you have to be there. So anyway, I know he is going to have so much fun waking up on Christmas morning to see what toys he got.

Did I mention that he has been sick for the entire month of December??? Oh I didn't, well he has! You got the whole story of the mysterious strep throat rash thing. Well a few days after he got well, his asthma kicked in and we started breathing treatments for the 100th thousand time. He got better for about 4 days and Tuesday night we stayed up all night with an ear ache. So yesterday we headed to the "docker" and it was confirmed that Jameson has an ear infection and his asthma is once again causing him to cough, wheeze and not be able to breathe! So, we are on aggressive breathing treatments with an addtional steroid thrown in there, some antibiotics and a cough syrup. Thank goodness Russ is off today and can stay at home with him. I am super happy that he gets to take more steroids this time too (insert rolling eyes and sarcasm). If you child has never had to take steroids, good for you. If you child has, you know that it transforms them into a child that you have never met or talked to before! It's like they have an inner steroid personality that comes out. It is amazing to watch. However, since this occurs in our household more than 10 times  a year, I welcome my little steroid baby and know how to handle him now. So I say all of this to ask you to pray for my medicated child this Christmas. Pray that he doesn't throw a fit and tear the tree down  or doesn't hit and bite his cousins. If we can make it throught the family gatherings without injury it will be great!

On another note, I am 25 weeks pregnant and doing good. I have a doctors appt next week. Of course I weigh in again after eating 40 lbs of dressing and turkey, but hey someone's gotta do it right? I can't believe I only have about 3 more months until he gets here. It is unreal how quickly the time has passed. Jameson got to feel him kick the other night and he thought it was so fun that baby brother was kicking him. His little face was so cute when he felt it. It was one of those moments that you can't help but thank God right then for blessing you so much. I have my sweet baby boy touching my tummy with his little hand and baby kicking him from inside my stomach. It was such a fun moment.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Christmas and Happy New Year. Don't forget to thank God for sending his son to be born and save our souls. How amazing is that?????!!!!

Merry Christmas from The Camps!

No comments: