Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Holiday's- Day 2 and 3

Thursday was great! We ate lots of food, visited with lots of family, and needed lots of sleep afterwards. Thanksgiving was smooth sailing.

Friday me and my mom decided to go "black Friday" shopping. We are crazy for doing it, but we aren't as crazy as some people. We didn't get up at 2 am like most. We arrived at 7 am and actually had a great time. We found some sales and checked a few names off the list. When I got home that afternoon Russ told me that he heard some squeaking in the house that morning and it was coming from the garbage. I immediately thought that we had a mouse and wanted it gone NOW! Russ then told me it was coming from the garbage with our Christmas decorations that I had thrown away (remember the ones that the chipmunks had destroyed). I said, "Russ, I bet there were some baby chipmunks in there and that is what you heard. I am going to get the trash and look."  He said, "Can, no you're not". He knew I was serious.

Let me pause for a moment and remind you all how much I LOVE animals. My heart has a huge spot for all animals. It is because they are so helpless. I hear a story on the news about people being hurt and it doesn't bother me, but if I hear a story about an animal getting hurt or lost....it is over. I almost start crying. Since I became a mother, my heart is even bigger for baby animals because I know how much they need a mommy.  I have always been this way and always will be.

Ok...so back to the trash. I go outside and pulled the bag with the decorations out. Sure enough, I hear the squeaking noise and look down to see this....






They were so cute and I HAD to rescue them. I didn't touch them, but I did sit the bag back up on the shelf where the momma chipmunk stays. I know this sounds pathetic and I was all mad at the chipmunks last week, but that was before I knew they had babies.

Day 3
Saturday was finally a day of rest. We woke up, had some breakfast, and played. Rusty was busy outside putting up Christmas lights on the house. I was so excited about decorating our house this year. He did a really good job. He is a bit scared of heights and didn't want to go all the way up, but I told him I really needed lights on the top and he caved. I have that power over him you know! The first night we plugged the lights in, the fuse blew and I was bummed out. After a changed fuse and 3 more extension cords, this is what we have. It felt a little "Christmas Vacation like" to see all the cords and lights. Now I am so ready for Christmas!


Careful Russ!


The picture does no justice.

2 comments:

BrandyC said...

Gorgeous!!

Autumn Harris said...

Hey Candice! The chipmunk story is so funny. I have a soft spot for little animals too. I hope your family has a wonderful Christmas!