Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Golden Girls

Have I ever shared with you the reason I like the Golden Girls so much? Lots of people think it is strange and somewhat comical that I LOVE the Golden Girls. Why would someone so young like to watch something so old? Well, let my story begin.

When I was a little tike, every Sat. night me and my brother would spend the night with my granny. Oh how I loved and still love my granny. Anyway, every Sat. night we would eat fried fish and sleep over at my granny's house. Bedtime would roll around and we would pull out the sofa bed. Meanwhile, there was cheese popcorn popping in the kitchen. Once we all got snuggled in, we would watch The Golden Girls and Magnum PI while eating cheese popcorn. I would soon drift off into sleepy land with my yellow pillow and my thumb in my mouth. Yes, I sucked my thumb incredibly too long...... So, my peeps, every time I hear the theme song to Golden Girls I get a warm feeling and remember the way I used to spend my Sat. nights all snuggled up next to my granny. Actually she used to make me and Stephen scratch her back all during the show, but we enjoyed it and granny did too. Watching The Golden Girls brings back good memories and most of all, my granny.

I hope Jameson will one day be able to share special memories of his Gam and GiGi.

So, I am not crazy for watching the Golden Girls, I'm just warming my soul.

No comments: