Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A month full of first's

Jameson has had a wonderful month full of first's. It was his first Christmas, he had his first taste of babyfood and he rolled over from his back to his tummy for the first time. Our Christmas was great. I wish it would have been a little less busy, but it was good. I think I will enjoy it a little more next year because we won't be in the process of moving. The weekend after Christmas, I decided that I would feed Jameson some baby food. The pediatrician told me I could start at 4 months, but I refused to becasue it meant he was growing up. The poor baby kept looking at my food, following every bite I took and reaching for my plate. I figured he could probably stand a little food. So we started with sweet potatoes. He loved them. He also likes squash, green beans and pears. I haven't found one that he doesn't like. I am not real sure he just loved green beans, but he ate them anyway. He looks like such a big boy sitting there with his mouth open. It breaks my heart. I think I will collapse when he starts kindergarten. I tear up just feeding him baby food. How pathetic am I? He has also started rolling over from his back to his tummy. He has been rolling from his tummy to his back for a while now, but last night he really started showing out for us. He can also hold himself up on his hands when he is on his tummy now. I can't believe how big he is getting. I can hardly remember him being a newborn. He has also found his feet and loves to put his toes in his mouth now.....which is driving me crazy because I HATE feet and think they are disgusting. It helps with changing his diaper though because his legs are already up for me. I don't have to hold them anymore...he does it for me. This month has just been full of new milestones and it makes me so proud to be a mom and to share this time with my perfect baby.


He really does like it....despite the face.


First bath in the new house!


Eating up his sweet potatoes!

1 comment:

Kaye said...

Love that bathtub picture. TOO CUTE!