Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Reaching our Milestones

I looked back at my blog since I have had Jameson and re-read all of them. It is amazing at how many milestones we have reached and accomplished. I sounded so exhausted and scared in my earlier blogs (because I was). I needed help with feeding, sleep, daycare, etc. God has provided for every situation. Jameson is doing well in daycare and does great with bottle and breastfeeding combined. And quite possibly the biggest prayer being answered right now is the sleeping situation. My little monkey has been sleeping 6-8 hours at a time for about 2 weeks now. I am so proud of him. The first night he slept until 4 am I was already awake because my body had been programmed for 1, 3 and 4. I woke up at 3 and ran to the nursery to see if he was breathing. It was so funny. Once I realized what had happened (he has slept through the night) I went back to bed; however, I was so excited that he had slept so long that I couldn't go back to sleep. I just laid there and smiled. We still have a few nights where he doesn't like to lay down and will wake up, but I just go calm him down and he goes right back to sleep. He wakes up every morning around 5-6 and wants to get in the bed with mommy. I started that and blame myself for it, but I am starting to love it. He is usually awake when Rusty leaves for work in the mornings and he brings Jameson and puts him in the bed with me. I love to snuggle with him and get a few more hours of sleep with him right next to me. It works out great with my work schedule and I think he likes it too. As you know all moms think their child is going to be a genius. Well, Jameson Camp is already showing signs of being a genius. He has reached all of his milestones plus some. I was reading the other day about what they should be doing at certain ages. He is already doing things they say he should be doing at 4 months! He already tries to stand up, he can hold his head up, and he can half way roll over on his side. :) Isn't it funny how you get so excited over little things like that. Anyway, I think he is going to be very smart and reach all of his milestones early. Lets talk teething now. I am wondering about my little man. He drools so much and constantly has to have his hands in his mouth. He will soak your shoulder in 5 minutes with drool and if you ever put him on his stomach it will just drip out. I am wondering if he will cut teeth pretty early too. Another cute thing he has started doing (which I try not to let happen), is suck his thumb. If he ever wakes up in the middle of the night you can hear him sucking away on that thumb through the monitor. I don't want him to be a thumb sucker for fear that he will be way too old with his thumb in his mouth, but he is just so cute when he does it. I was a thumb sucker and didn't stop until I was in the 4th grade. I don't want him to be like that. One more thing I didn't update everyone on was his 2 month check up. The dreaded immunization visit. It was three weeks ago, but I just realized I didn't tell anyone about it. He weight 11lb. 13 oz and was 23 1/2 inches long. The doctor smiled and said, "he is a big boy". Anyway, it came time for his shots and I was more nervous than he was. He did really good and only cried for a minute. As soon as I got him up and held him he was fine. I thought the ride home would be horrible, but he slept all the way. He didn't run any fever and it didn't appear to phase him at all. We go back in December for our 4 month check up and I am assuming there will be more shots. He is 11 weeks old today. It seems like I was just in the hospital having him. I love him more and more every day. This morning he was looking at me as I walked out of the daycare and it broke my heart. I know he doesn't know what is going on right now, but those little eyes are so cute and sweet. OK, this blog is long enough. I had more to say than I thought. I will try to blog more often so they are so long in the future. Tomorrow's topic will be Halloween (my favorite time of year)! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

He is so very terribly cute. =) Oh course he will be a genius...look at who his parents are! And you know...you're supposed to think your child is the smart, cutest, best human being ever to grace this planet...its perfectly natural.

You know, if he wants to be a thumb-sucker, you won't be able to stop him. Patrick is (neither Chip nor I did). He wasn't until he was about 8-9 weeks old and he still does it (but only when he's tired or doesn't feel good). I want to start trying to ween him from it, but at the same time, that's another sign of him getting so very grown up.

Stephanie Drew said...

i hear your doing a great job! and, i have two thumb suckers...and i've loved it!