Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Children's Day and Advice


I think Mother's Day should be renamed, "Children's Day" because if it weren't for them, there wouldn't be a Mother's Day. Just a thought.

Anyway, this was my second Mother's Day and it was very special. On any holiday, I always wake up on the verge of tears. Anyone else???? Why is that? Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Mother's Day, childs birthday. I am always on the emotional side. One wrong word or sweet kiss and I am done. So, Rusty had written me this letter that verified once again how much he loves me and what a lucky woman I am. The very first, "Dear Can", the tears began to come. Then, I read Jameson's card and opened my gifts and tears still came. It was a great start to my very special day.

Mother's Day is just a reminder to me of how blessed I am to have Jameson. He is my life and the joy of my day. It is also a reminder of how lucky I am to have a mom. I love my mom so very much. She is my best friend. I guess I get so emotional because I know how blessed I am. God gives us these days to remind us just how much He has given us. I am so very thankful that he allows me to celebrate Mother's Day.

Now, on to the advice part. Jameson has started biting at daycare. He has bitten a child all three days this week and once last week. Any moms been through this or going through this? Give me some pointers on how to stop it. We have tried everyting. Im afraid I am going to start receiving hate mail from some moms if it doesn't stop soon. Help!


This sweet little face will bite you! Hard to believe isn't it.

3 comments:

Elena said...

When my brother was growing up my mom tells about him biting...so she bit him back one time and he never bit again. This has also worked well on my nephews... Easy for me to saw I haven't got to meet my child yet and I am sure when she gets here I would never want to bite her! But let me know how it goes for you:)

Cantina Camp said...

Glad to know you had a great Mother's Day. As for advice...I tried everything with Elijah and Sarah and finally it just stopped. I was consistent and even had to apologize to the other childs mom myself. I will be praying!

Kaye said...

Sorry I'm late getting around to this. I just haven't had much time to browse around the internet lately!

I have no advice on biting. If you get something that works though, hold onto it. I might need it with this second one...she's feisty.

I did want to tell you though that I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know you are an awesome Mom and Jameson is very blessed to be yours. I remember right after Patrick was born and I realized how truly in love with him that I was, I was SHOCKED to realize that my mom felt the same way about me. Of course I knew she loved me, but I think it takes becoming a mom to realize the extent of that love.

Love you!