Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July Fun

We had a great 4th of July weekend. Friday we celebrated at Pop and GiGi's house with lots of food, swimming and fireworks. Thanks Pop and GiGi. They always know how to entertain. Saturday me and Rusty went on a date and Sunday we ate with Gam and Paw Paw. It was delicious! It was nice to relax and have fun.

Nothing much is going on right now. Just regular stuff. Jameson's first birthday is quickly approaching and it is really tearing at me. I didn't expect to feel this way, but I can't help but be a little sad. Time really is flying by and my baby is getting so big. He is starting to look like a little boy in all of his pictures now. He is adding a few words to his vocabulary....slowly but surely. We play peek a boo and I say, "where's Jameson" and he will put his hands over his eyes and say, "tee tie" aka "pee pie". He can also say "two". I start counting with one....and he will say.."twwwwoooo". It is so cute. He is also starting to understand what I am saying. He will point to things if you ask him where they are and go get certain toys if you ask him to. He amazes me every day. He is such a joy and I love him so much.

Ok..this was supposed to be a short blog, but I got carried away. Thanks for reading. Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure!






Already trying to teach him how to play!


This is what happens to my laundry if I don't fold it immediately. Jameson likes to push the basket to the other room and sit in it. Maybe he is going to be my little helper. He loves the dishwasher and laundry so far!

2 comments:

Kristen Pesnell said...

I like your new family photo at the top of your blog. Were those this years Old Navy 4th of July shirts? If so, we did the same thing on Julia's 1st 4th...all three of us wore matching Old Navy shirts! We need to all get together for another play date soon. Maybe we can do something different than hang out in my backyard...any suggestions?

Kaye said...

He's getting so big! I know what you mean about it being sad, but each new stage has its own joys to look forward to.

Love the laundry picture!