I am going to start off today with a little vent time.(Sorry for any guys who read this, you won't understand). Anyway, I went to the doc yesterday for my 36 week check (yes I am already 36 weeks!!). Rusty went with me to be the supportive husband, and we had to get our car seat and stroller at Babies r us after the appointment. So, my appointment was at 2:30. We sat and sat and read and Rusty even took a nap. We waited to see the doctor 2 hours. Rusty and I went back into the exam room and it took 5 minutes! He measured my stomach, listened to the heartbeat, and kindly said, "I will see you next week". I wanted to slap him; however, I know that would not have been the best choice. He didn't even check me to see if I was making any progress (not that I really enjoy that anyway, but I still wanted to know). By this time, it is approaching 5:00 and we have to get on I 65 to get to babie r us! Most of you know what a disaster 65 is at 5:00 in the afternoon. We stuck it out and after almost hitting an 18 wheeler (which Russ says we weren't even close to) and a short melt down from me followed by tears and yelling at my sweet husband we made it to our destination. We finally made it home and about 30 minutes from home I actually started talking to my husband again. Bless his heart! He doesn't understand my actions or meltdowns, but he is a trooper. I do have to tell you that hormones are an evil, evil thing. Needless to say, it was a bad day for the Camps. On a lighter note, everything else is going well. The house is coming along and looking better by the day even though Russ might think differently. He is such a hard worker that he thinks if he doesn't do something everyday on the house that it is not going to get done. The baby is my softspot and the house is Rusty's softspot. He is doing a great job on it. Maybe we will have pictures up soon. We had our final baby shower on the 4th and it was wonderful. We are so blessed to have friends and family who love us and want to provide for us. We are not going to have to buy much at all! God has blessed us so much with the house, Jameson, and all our friends and family. We love all of you and thank God everyday that you are in our lives. So, lots of things going on. The countdown has begun for the baby and the house is hopefully going to be done soon. It is all coming together! This is the longest blog in the world, but you've read this far down so you might as well finish it. Thanks for reading! Have a great day!
1 comment:
Who wouldn't be irritated for waiting that long for such a simple check up?! You were quite justified in your anger. And I'm surprised that he didn't check you because I know that was a huge excitement point for me at that 36-week check. At least all is well and everyone is safe and healthy. And Rusty is a great guy, so I'm not shocked that he's enduring the hormones. Just a warning though...they don't stop immediately after the birth! =)
Take care!
Post a Comment